Friday, April 30, 2010

Famous last words


Well, not necessarily last words, but totally memorable ones never-the-less.
Do you remember any, many, even all, of these lines from movies past?
Are there others that have become firmly etched into your memory?
Perhaps you may even have quoted some of them in your own real life situations? It seems to me, I may have borrowed nearly all at one time or another.



"Here's looking at you kid"
Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca



"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse"
Marlon Brando - The Godfather

"You've got to ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?"
Clint Eastwood - Dirty Harry

"I'll be back"
Arnold Schwarzenneger - The Terminator

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"
Clarke Gable - Gone With The Wind

"A martini, shaken not stirred"
Sean Connery - Gold Finger

I always believed that a picture was worth a thousand words, but perhaps the reverse is also true, and a few words may also conjure up many great pictures?

This blog may be the closest I will ever come to philosophizing, so perhaps I should restrict the broadcasting of my simple thoughts to the good old blogosphere, rather than competing with the likes of Plato, Socrates, et al. (Actually blogging is a relatively new phenomenon, having existed in its present electronic form only since approximately 1994, and it didn't achieve its current extraordinary popularity until about three years ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment